- Boom or Bust! New Career Strategies in A New America
- by Carleen MacKay and Brad Taft. Cambridge Media, 2006.
A career management guide for Baby Boomers and Beyond. Includes many helpful self-assessments and will help you achieve a balanced life style that also includes personal and leisure activities.
- The Creative Age: Awakening Human Potential in the Second Half of Life
- by Gene Cohen, MD, Ph.D. Avon/Harper Collins, 2001.
A very comprehensive guide to creativity in later life, full of inspiring stories and examples, as well as medical/scientific evidence, and discussion of life stages. Presents value of seeing creativity as multi-dimensional (e.g., personal vs. public, individual vs. social) and as a basic human attribute that increases with age.
- Encore: Finding Work That Matters in the Second Half of Life
- by Marc Freedman, Public Affairs, 2007.
This book challenges baby-boomers to build a better world through a second career and provides concrete steps to help you find your next job or volunteer career.
- Playing Life's Second Half: A Man's Guide for Turning Success into Significance
- by David Powell, New Harbinger Publications, 2003.
- Answering Your Call: A Guide for Living Your Deepest Purpose
- by John Schuster, Berrett-Koehler, 2003.
- My Time: Making the Most of the Rest of Your Life
- by Abigail Trafford, Basic Books, 2005.
- How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free: Retirement Wisdom That You Won't Get From Your Financial Advisor
- by Ernie J. Zelinski. Ten Speed Press, 2004.
A truly upbeat read! He hits topics such as lifelong learning, relocation, the importance of friendships, and creative travel options. His seven-page list of "activities for your get-a-life tree" will help you start and keep you active for a very long time.
- Life Launch: A Passionate Guide to the Rest of Your Life
- by Frederic M. Hudson and Pamela D. Mc Lean. Hudson Institute Press, 2000.
One of the best single sources on life-planning for the Third Age. Compellingly and comprehensively presented in the form of Maps: Chapters and Transitions; Living with Passion and Purpose; Balancing the Parts of Your Life – Activities and Roles; [Life Stages] from Twenty to Ninety; and The Adult Learning Agenda.
- Playing Life's Second Half: A Guide for Turning Success into Significance
- by David J. Powell. New Harbinger Publications, 2003.
Gives practical advice about dealing with the big questions: Why am I here? What difference have I made? And Where do I go from here? These questions arise as you move from aiming for success to finding significance and meaning in your life.
- Your Third Quarter of Life Guide and Card Sorts
- by Thomas J. Mraz, Richard L. Haid, and Catlin P.Williams. 2003.
Designed to help you become more aware of important issues you may face in your Third Quarter of Life and create a future that will truly work for you. The Card Sorts will help surface current Concerns, identify Strengths, and discover Passions. The Life Guide includes additional supplementary exercises.